Monday 22 July 2013

EP Cambridge Courtesse

I have had a very sociable week this last week...well when I say sociable... I don't mean that I have actually left the farm or put on my glad rags (or even managed to get to the hairdressers. I am beginning to think that I suit grey hair!)...no nothing like that...but I have had lots of fellow alpaca breeders visiting the farm (mainly for drive-by matings) and have enjoyed catching up.

Then yesterday we welcomed our latest arrival (yes, another one since I swore that was it!). I have now realised that I am addicted to whites...not just any old whites...but elite whites with the finest genetics...I just cannot resist them. EP Cambridge Courtesse is such a pretty female (she is actually 7 years old and looks so young) and has Jolimont Commisario as her sire. Commisario is one of  EP Cambridge Alpaca Stud's (Aust) leading males, and is renown within the industry (sire of EP Cambridge Top Account of Fowberry). She is a proven female having produced four prize winning progeny so far and is pregnant to Sanjo Shalimar.


EP Cambridge Courtesse

We now have a definite importation date for our new male: Timbertops CT Goldmine ET. He will be arriving mid October, which means we have had to change some of our mating plans as this is too late in the season for us to use him this year. So the lovely Inca Garland (sire Popham Thunder and from a Lilllyfield Jack of Spades dam) has had a date with Waradene St Patrick. This was really who I had in mind for her, with both of them having such a depth of colour we should get something very nice indeed.


Inca Garland...mind that fly buzzing round your left eye


Told you!

After my last blog about a tragic end to an over long gestation, I have been getting rather concerned about Pebbles, who is 369 days gestation. I have discussed with our vet about induction and it was planned for this morning...but I have changed my mind...it seems that there is no consensus on induction in alpacas and I just feel uneasy about it.

I am starting to look forward to the Alpaca Classic in September. The hotel is booked and the date is in the diary. I have also got the date for the BAS judge certification...not looking forward to that quite so much!

So not really a lot happening...its far to hot for manual work...and no more babies. We still have 4 girls and 11 boys and 12 to go. I am really looking forward to see what Beck Brow Snooty Boots produces with Fowberry Nobility...shouldn't have to wait too much longer... she is looking ready...a female PLEASE!

5 comments:

  1. Just love the photos! Hopefully the matings of two of our elite females to Explorer will produce something special in 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inca Garland has cuteness by the bucket-load!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inca Garland has the most gorgeous ears!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Courtesse & Garland - great photos, Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another super purchase !! Those girls look stunning.... plenty of room at Beck Brow for elite alpacas ....can you ever have too many !!!! ??? Jayne

    ReplyDelete